Update on Brisbane road closures
28 January, 2013
Brisbane City Council wishes to advise that the following roads are closed due to water, debris over the road or issues relating to power lines.
The following roads are fully closed:
- Barry Parade, Fortitude Valley
- Beatty Road between Boundary Road and Granard Road, Archerfield
- Beaudesert Road at Nottingham Road, Calamvale
- Bent Street, Toowong
- Billan Street, Carina
- Boundary Street and Rudd Street closed at roundabout, Inala
- Bowhill Road near Sherbrooke Road, Durack
- Brandon Road, Runcorn
- Emerson Street, Toowong
- Factory Road between Ipswich Motorway and Boundary Road, Oxley
- Gap Creek Road, Kenmore Hills
- Grassdale Road,Gumdale
- Grey Street, Carina
- Lansbury Parade from Woodbury Street to Tennis Avenue, Ashgrove
- Marshall Road, Rocklea
- Marshall Road at Stable Swamp Creek, Rocklea
- Marshall Road and Balham Road, Moorooka
- Mt Nebo Road, just the past The Gap bus turnaround
- Moggill Ferry Road, Moggill
- Oriel Road at Alexandra Road, Clayfield
- Rosemary Street, Inala
- Sexton Street, Milton
- Southerden Street, Sandgate
- Southerden Street after Connaught Street, Sandgate
- Wickham Street, Morningside
- Widdop Street at the East West Arterial, Nundah
- Wynnum Road between Creek Road and Murrarrie Road, Murarrie
- Wynnum Road between Tameree and Chandos Street, Wynnum West
Across the city there are approximately 28 roads with only partial access due to flood water, debris or issues relating to power lines across the road.
Motorists are advised not to drive through floodwaters or ignore road closure signs. For up to date information on road conditions, visit www.131940.qld.gov.au or phone 13 19 40.
For wet weather related issues outside your property such as blocked stormwater drains, contact Council on 07 3403 8888.
For emergency flood or storm assistance, contact the SES on 132 500.