Additional food waste bins for blackout suburbs
30 January, 2013
Brisbane City Council is providing 36 additional food disposal bins for residents feeling the effects of significant blackouts across the city.
These are in addition to more than 57 skip bins, which were delivered to affected suburbs yesterday, to help residents without power dispose of spoiling food quickly.
Bins will be delivered during the course of the day to the below locations:
- New Farm, Lammington Street
- West End, Riverside Drive
- West End, Orleigh Street
- Brighton, Douglas Street / Baskerville Street
- Brighton, Brighton Terrace
- Deagon, Hickson Road
- Banyo, Tufnell Rd and Fairway Place
- Virginia, Delaware Street
- Wooloowin, Roseleigh Street
- Figtree Pocket, Fig Tree Pocket Road
- Chapel Hill, Green Hill Reservoir
- Chapel Hill, Fig Tree Pocket Road
- Chapel Hill, Fleming Road
- Riverhills, Sumners Road
- Sinnamon Park, Amazons Place
- Seventeen Mile Rocks, Leone Street
- Seventeen Mile Rocks, Counihan Road
- Jindalee, Mount Ommaney Drive
- Oxley, Englefield Road
- Oxley ,Avalon Street
- Corinda, Hughes Lane
- Corinda, Hall Avenue
- Indooroopilly, Corner of Indooroopilly and Lambert Roads
- Indooroopilly, Russell Terrace
- St Lucia, Macquarie Street
- Chelmer, Queenscroft Street
- Graceville, corner of Nadine & Graceville Street
- Wishart, Redpath Street
- Salisbury, Allandale Street
- Doolandella, Brookside Street
- Forest Lake, Forest Lake Boulevard
- Richlands, Eridanus Street
- Carole Park, Boundary Road
- Ellen Grove, Woogaroo Street
- Richlands, Freeman Road
- Rocklea, Sherwood Road
Residents are being asked to heed the signs and only use the skips for food waste.
Council will continue to monitor food bin requirements closely, and thanks residents for their patience while bins are delivered and collected.
Council is also arranging for pick-up of storm green waste, with residents asked to place green waste on the kerbside for collection on Sunday 3 February, for collection from Monday 4 February.
Normal wheelie bin services will continue for general waste.
Council transfer stations will also be accepting green and general waste for free until 9pm on Sunday 3 February.
Call Council or visit Council’s website for the complete list of food bin locations.