Brisbane City Council offers a variety of payment options for your rate account. Find the most convenient option for you, whether you prefer online, over the phone or in person.
You can pay your rates online:
- 24 hours a day
- seven days a week
- using Visa or MasterCard (a surcharge applies)
- for amounts over $10
BPAY is a payment option available via online and phone banking. You must contact your bank to set up BPAY. The minimum payment amount is $10 and a surcharge applies for rates payments made by credit card.
BPAY View enables you to receive your rates notice online.
For paying your rates, the biller code is 78550.
In October 2009, Brisbane City Council introduced Rates Assist.
With your permission, Rates Assist allows your bank to transfer agreed amounts to Council for payment. To use Rates Assist you need to:
- have a cheque or savings account
- complete the Rates Assist (direct debit) application - CC1905 (PDF - 132kb) and send it to Council
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
Alternatively, you can get an application form by:
There are several payment options for Rates Assist users:
- option one - full payment by the due date
- option two - periodic payments with the balance paid by the due date
- option three - periodic payments without the balance paid by the due date (interest is charged on the unpaid amount at 11% per annum, compounding daily)
Use options one or two to receive your discount on every bill.
Cancel your Rates Assist
To cancel Rates Assist, contact Council.
Phone pay is used to pay rate accounts with Visa or MasterCard. You will receive a transaction number for your records. The minimum payment amount is $10 and a surcharge applies for rates payments made by credit card.
To use phone pay call 1300 309 311 and follow the prompts. You will need to have your:
- bill number
- credit card number
- card expiry date
- card validation number (last three digits of the number on the back of your card)
By using your rate account or payment card, you can pay rates at Australia Post by:
Visit Australia Post to find your closest post office.
To pay your rates by mail, send the bottom section of the rates statement with a cheque or money order to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1090
Brisbane Qld 4001
To get your discount, Council needs to receive payment on or before the due date. Allow time for mail delivery and processing.
Visit Council to pay your rate account by:
- credit card
- traveller's cheque
- instalment payments
Council accepts Visa and MasterCard, however, a surcharge applies.
You can authorise a nominated person/organisation to transact on your rate account on your behalf.
- download the Rates Account Authority application form CC10868 (PDF - 69kb)
- complete the form and send it to Council