The City of Brisbane Act 2010 creates a framework for Brisbane's day to day operations and long-term plans. The Act provides for the way in which the Brisbane City Council is constituted and its responsibilities and powers.
The City of Brisbane Act 2010 requires key Council documents be published and available for download. This includes key documents relating to finance, the budget, policies and the annual report. More documents will become available in the future as they are published.
The Act helps to ensure Brisbane continues to be a strong, healthy, sustainable and vibrant city, and has:
- a local government that is accountable, effective, efficient and sustainable
- transparent and effective processes
- sustainable development and management of assets and delivery of effective services
- democratic representation, social inclusion and meaningful community engagement
- good governance and ethical behaviours of councillors and council employees
You can find out more about the Act, and the City of Brisbane Regulation 2012 on the Queensland Government website under City of Brisbane Act 2010.
The following key documents are published and available for download:
Finance and the Annual Report
- Council Budget
- Annual Report
- Community Financial Report
- Financial Statements
- Financial Plan 2011/2012 (PDF - 198kb)
Plans and policies
- Corporate Plan
- Community Engagement Policy
- Community Grants Policy
- Councillor Expenses Reimbursement Policy (Word - 105kb)
Code of Conduct and complaints
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer installed on your computer to view or print them. Some documents may also have a large file size and could take some time to download.