Economic Development Program
Brisbane City Council’s Economic Development Program enhances Brisbane’s capacity to support long-term economic growth. It coordinates and implements projects such as the Brisbane Economic Development Plan 2012-2031 and Brisbane Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2012-2031. The Economic Development Program also provides up-to-date economic facts about Brisbane as well as support to business through the Jobs and Skills Development Officers service.
Documents on this page may have large file sizes, and may take some time to download.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
The Brisbane Economic Development Plan 2012-2031 sets out the priorities and actions required to support Brisbane's successful economic development to 2031.
The Economic Development Plan responds to the recommendations of the Lord Mayor's Economic Development Steering Committee presented in the Brisbane's Unique Window of Opportunity report.
The plan and recommendations are being delivered jointly by Council and Brisbane Marketing, Council's economic development agency.
For further information about Brisbane's economic development plan, view:
- Brisbane's Economic Development Plan 2012-2031 (PDF - 6.6Mb)
- Brisbane's Economic Development Plan 2012-2031 summary (PDF - 4.8Mb)
- Brisbane's Unique Window of Opportunity report
Lord Mayor's Business Forums
The Lord Mayor's Business Forums are a series of free workshops to provide insights, practical tips and advice to help local businesses grow. The workshops are held across Brisbane and will feature local business entrepreneurs as guest speakers.
For the latest information about Brisbane, you can:
- read the Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (Quarter Two 2013)
- read Brisbane's Key Economic Facts
- Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (January 2013) (PDF - 951kb)
- Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (October 2012) (PDF - 1Mb)
- Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (July 2012) (PDF - 1.5Mb)
- Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (March 2012) (PDF - 1.5Mb)
- Lord Mayor's Brisbane Economic Snapshot (December 2011) (PDF - 566kb)
- Brisbane Business Survey Stage 1 (PDF - 1.9Mb)
- Growing Brisbane's Economy (March 2012) (PDF - 1.9Mb)
- Growing Brisbane's Economy - Chinese (simplified) (PDF - 683kb)
- Growing Brisbane's Economy - Chinese (traditional) (PDF - 719kb)
- Growing Brisbane's Economy - Japanese (PDF - 1.2Mb)
- Growing Brisbane's Economy - Korean (PDF - 1.2Mb)
- Brisbane 2012 Innovation Scorecard
Brisbane Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2012-2031
The Brisbane Long Term Infrastructure Plan 2012-2031 builds upon the strategic direction and coordinated approach to developing future infrastructure outlined in the first edition released in 2007. The plan will help Council ensure Brisbane's infrastructure provision meets the community's needs while enhancing the city's capacity for long-term economic development.
To subscribe to the latest fact sheets and quarterly snapshots, email the Economic Development Team.