Understand your flood risk
Brisbane’s subtropical climate means our city experiences severe weather events. Because our city is built on a floodplain this can result in flooding from a variety of sources, particularly during the summer storm season from November through to March. However, it is important to note flooding can occur at any time of the year.
Minimising the impact of flooding is everyone’s responsibility.
Be prepared for flooding
Don't wait until it's too late. Council has a range of free tools and information to help residents understand their property's potential flood risk and how to be prepared.
It is important to understand your flood risk so you can be prepared to reduce the impact of flooding on your home and or business.
You can use the interactive flood awareness maps to:
- Understand your areas of risk:
- use the interactive flood awareness map to find your risk area
- download a pdf Flood Awareness Map for your property
- download a Flooding in Brisbane Guide
- Understand the sources of flooding:
- identify the sources of flooding that may affect your property
- Explore the history of river flooding in Brisbane:
- see how every flood is different
The interactive flood mapping tool is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed in the conditions of use below.
Conditions of use Flood Awareness Map
Conditions of use Floodwise Property Reports
Brisbane City Council has created simple guides to help you to prepare for flooding in Brisbane. Use these guides to help understand your property’s potential flood risk and to help minimise the impact of flooding on our homes, property and businesses.
You can access:
You can also download: