Brisbane City Council is committed to delivering value-for-money programs that make a difference for young people in Brisbane including Lord Mayor's Youth Advisory Council, Visible Ink, Lord Mayor's Young and Emerging Artists Fellowships, Brisbane Welcomes International Students events, Youth Enterprise Program and Chill Out.
Youth Strategy 2014-2019
Council has released Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city.
The strategy outlines Council's commitment to working together with young people, families, industry groups, community organisations and other levels of government to ensure young people who live, work, play or study in Brisbane are engaged, empowered, included and celebrated.
Thank you to everyone who provided ideas during the consultation period, to help us develop this strategy.
The Visible Ink program aims to help young people to take part in their city and have a say in Council's activities, programs and policies.
Visible Ink is about Council working together with young people by:
- Visible Ink website - information for youth, online surveys and discussion groups, news and events and links to other useful sites
- providing spaces for young people to hold meetings, plan and organise projects and events and access youth networks
Visible Ink spaces
The Visible Ink Valley space is part of a city wide network of youth spaces supported by Brisbane City Council for people under 26 and organisations that work with young people. This space is located at:
- 5 Green Square Close, Fortitude Valley - phone 07 3403 0136
The space provides free and low cost facilities and resources to help people get active in the life of Brisbane by organising their own workshops, projects, events, businesses and community groups. It also provides on-site support from staff who can help plan ideas and connect to others who can help. The space has:
- computers with Internet access and specialist software for projects
- wet spaces for art projects
- youth friendly meeting spaces for groups and organisations to run workshops, activities and hold meetings. These can be accessed between 6am - 11pm seven days a week
- rehearsal and multipurpose spaces
- low cost private office space for setting up your own business, social enterprise or community project
- staff that can provide project advice and support
- offices for Council's youth team
For events and activities at Visible Ink Valley, check the Visible Ink events calendar.
Other spaces supported by Council:
Council provides many youth programs. Find out about: