Housing Support Program 2012/2013
Brisbane City Council's Housing Support Program provides funding to community organisations for projects or services that respond to the housing and social needs of homeless people, or those living in social housing.
This grant program has been made possible through financial contributions made by Mirvac to support responses to affordable housing provision and tenants living in affordable housing.
The Housing Support Program aims to:
- enhance support services offered to homeless people and people living in social housing, including support to sustain tenancies. This includes services which focus on empowerment, life skills, employability and opportunities for social inclusion
- provide resources and equipment for projects and programs that meet the needs of homeless people and people living in social housing
- provide packages to support individuals transitioning into social and affordable housing
The maximum grant amount is $10,000. The total funding pool is $50,000.
Funding is available to develop and improve programs and facilities for homeless people and those in social housing within the inner north of Brisbane including:
- Bowen Hills
- Fortitude Valley
- New Farm
- Spring Hill
Funding round dates
The most recent round closed for application on closed on Monday, 11 March 2013. Successful applicants will be notified in June 2013.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
Within 12 months of grant approval notification, or within one month of project completion (whichever is sooner), grant funding must be acquitted.
You will not be eligible to apply for grants for two years if you do not submit the following:
- Your Statement of Income and Expenditure signed by your Treasurer.
- Copies of all related invoices and receipts, or suitable evidence to support the grant expenditure.
Acquittals are able to be submitted online and you will receive an email to advise you how to access the online acquittal form.
If you need further information about this grant, phone Council on (07) 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Grants Unit.
Alternatively, you can read the Housing Support Program Guidelines.