Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre
The Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre opened in 1996 and is located in the internationally significant Boondall Wetlands Reserve. At the centre you can view our environmental and cultural displays, discover facts about the wetlands flora and fauna, and learn about the importance of preserving natural areas.
Location and opening hours
The centre is:
- located at 31 Paperbark Drive, Boondall
- open Monday to Sunday from 8.30am to 4pm
- closed on public holidays and may be closed at other times. Phone Brisbane City Council on 07 3403 8888 prior to your visit for current centre and reserve notifications
Facilities at the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre include:
- an information desk, interactive displays and interpretive material
- walking tracks (wheelchair accessible), bike tracks and bird hides
- public toilets, parking and wheelchair access
- sheltered picnic tables
People of all ages can use Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre to learn about the reserve and the importance of wetlands to the wider environment.
At the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre you can:
- stroll through the different wetland habitats
- enjoy bird watching opportunities
- look for wildlife feeding and resting in the reserve
- see the wetlands from the water with your own canoe or kayak
- go on a free guided walk with a volunteer guide
- borrow a self-guided walking track booklet form (photographic identification required)
- bike ride through the wetlands
- find out about our curriculum-based Environmental Learning Program for schools
- participate in events and activities offered by Council's Environment Centres
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Boondall Wetlands interactive program (developed by a Brisbane resident) helps you to identify the flora, fauna and habitats of Boondall Wetlands Reserve
- watch the Sharing Shorelines video to learn about the importance of Brisbane's coastal habitats for shorebirds
- Birds of Boondall Wetlands (PDF - 205kb) a bird checklist including shorebirds found in the wetlands
- Nurri Millen - a guide to the Indigenous art totems (PDF - 821kb)
You can help look after the reserves while enjoying the company of other volunteers by joining our Volunteer Program. A variety of volunteering opportunities are available including bushcare, interpretive guide and event-based opportunities.
View the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre photo gallery as a slideshow or view photos individually as part of Council's Flickr account.
For more information:
- phone the centre on 07 3403 1490
- email the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre team