Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre
The Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre opened in 1996 and is located in the Boondall Wetlands. At the centre you can view our environmental and cultural displays, discover facts about the wetlands flora and fauna, and learn the importance of preserving natural areas.
The centre is:
- located at 31 Paperbark Drive, Boondall
- open everyday (except public holidays) from 8.30am to 4pm
- closed to the public when school and group activities are conducted. Phone Brisbane City Council on 07 3403 8888 to confirm daily closing times if required
Reserve facilities include:
- an information desk, display area and interpretive material at the Boondall Education Centre
- picnic facilities, barbecues at Nudgee Beach Reserve, toilets, parking and wheelchair access
- walking tracks, bike tracks, bird hides and a canoe launch ramp at Nudgee Beach Reserve
At the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre you can:
- participate in some of the events and activities offered by Council's Environment Centres
- join a curriculum-based environmental learning program for school students
- learn about Indigenous culture
- stroll through the different wetland habitats and have a picnic
- take a canoe trip with your own canoe/kayak, go on a free guided walk with a volunteer guide or a bike ride through the wetlands
- loan a self-guided walking track booklet from the centre (you need to bring photographic identification)
- Boondall Wetlands interactive program (developed by a Brisbane resident) helps you to identify plant and animal species as well as the different habitats that make up the Boondall Wetlands
- watch the Sharing Shorelines video to learn about the importance of Brisbane's coastal areas as a habitat for shorebirds
- birds of Boondall Wetlands (PDF - 205kb) a checklist of the birds including shorebirds (waders) that you might see
- Nurri Millen - a guide to the Indigenous art totems (PDF - 821kb)
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
You can help look after the reserve while enjoying the company of other volunteers by joining our bushcare group.
View the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre photo gallery as a slideshow or view photos individually as part of Council's Flickr account.
For more information:
- phone the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre on 07 3403 1490
- email the Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre team