Creative artists register
Brisbane City Council is developing a Register of Creative Workers including artists, creative and cultural workers, to help on a variety of creative, art and cultural projects across the city.
Working in Council arts and cultural projects
Council needs creative practitioners/artists and community cultural development workers to work in our arts and cultural projects.
We are looking for people who can:
- develop innovative methods of working with people and groups in communities
- create high-quality end products
- collaborate with professionals both inside and outside the arts
- identify the creativity and value in others
- reach all members of the community
Council is interested in a:
- diversity of applicants - people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, from different cultural backgrounds, of varying ages and artists with disabilities
- variety of arts media and products
Projects will occur in different Brisbane suburbs and wards. Some projects have start dates, while others still need to be decided.
How to apply
To apply, email the project team the following:
- cover letter - explaining your interest and describing your most innovative practise in this arena to date
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - demonstrating your experience and diversity in this realm
- current contact details for at least two referees - project manager or director
- proof of relevant projects in which you have been the lead artist or project coordinator - website address, booklet, film, images, etc where possible
- availability dates
We will send detailed briefs as appropriate projects arise.
Alternatively, you can mail your information to:
Brisbane City Council
Creative Artists Register
Creative Communities Team
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001