Did you know the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha offers 21 hands-on outdoor learning opportunities for school groups? Our lessons include Education Queensland and National Curricula and have been design to suit specific prep, primary and secondary levels. Lessons address topics such as:
- social science
View the complete Lessons in the Gardens program, with an option to download the 'Lessons in the Gardens for schools' brochure.
The program is offered Tuesday to Friday at 9.30am, 11.30am and 1.30pm. Lessons are 1.5 hours in duration.
- $6.55 per student for classes of 25 to 30 (maximum of 30 students)
- a minimum charge of $161.90 (includes GST) for a class of 24 students or less
- teachers and parents are free
Select a suitable lesson, time and date for your class and then phone the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha on 07 3403 2535 to make your booking. Have the date, preferred times, number of students and adults, school address, telephone and fax number handy.
The Gardens' staff:
- will help you organise your excursion
- will send you confirmation forms and teacher information kits. Read this information carefully and determine if any sheets need to be photocopied and handed out on the day
- provide information packs with advice on planning your trip, including ideas for pre and post-visit activities
- contact you before your excursion to discuss any special requirements and to confirm a meeting place
We can also cater for multiple groups.
A tax invoice will be mailed to your school after your visit reflecting the number of students who attended the excursion.
Free bus travel with Green Heart Schools
Do you have waste-free lunch days or a school environment club? If your school is actively involved in sustainability initiatives, you may be eligible for free transport to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens. NOTE - some restrictions on group size and lesson combinations may apply. Find out how to apply for the Green Heart Schools Travel Initiative.
Get involved in ClimateWatch, Earthwatch Australia's new citizen science project. Your valuable data will help leading scientists understand the effects climate change is having on Australia's plants and animals.
For bookings and/or more information, you can contact the Brisbane Botanic Gardens:
- by phone on 07 3403 2535
- by fax on 07 3403 2552
- by email
- in person at:
Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Mt Coot-tha Road
Toowong Qld 4066