Register of Local Laws and Notices
Brisbane City Council has a Register of Local Laws and Subordinate Local Laws, and publishes notices about new and proposed local laws.
Register of Local Laws
The Register of Local Laws lists all of Council's local laws and subordinate local laws and states the purposes and general effects of each law:
Adobe Acrobat message
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
Microsoft Word Viewer
Some documents on this page need Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer installed on your computer to view or print them.
For more information, you can download local laws and subordinate local laws from the state government's Local Laws Database or request a copy of a local law from the City Customer Service Centre, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
Local laws for public consultation
When Council proposes to make a new local law or subordinate local law, submissions may be made to the Chief Executive Officer during the consultation period. Currently no proposed laws are undergoing consultation.
New local laws
City of Brisbane Act 2010 - Section 32
Notice of Making the Administrative Arrangements Amending Local Law 2013 for the City of Brisbane
- Brisbane City Council ("Council"), has by resolution on 19 February 2013 made a local law entitled the Administrative Arrangements Amending Local Law 2013 ("the local law").
- The purpose and general effect of the local law is to:
- amend Brisbane City Council's local laws and subordinate local laws which make a reference to the position of Town Clerk, replacing those references with "Chief Executive Officer"; and
- amend Brisbane City Council's local laws which make a reference to penalties in dollar values and update those references by replacing them with penalties expressed in penalty units; and
- amend Brisbane City Council local laws to remove minor inconsistencies and
- repeal redundant local laws.
- The local law has amended the:
- Chapter 1 - Arrangement, Repeal and Savings Local Law
- Chapter 2 - City Service and Administration Local Law
- Chapter 4 - Legal Proceedings Local Law
- Chapter 6 - Streets, Bridges, Culverts etc. Local Law
- Chapter 7 - Ferries, Jetties and Pontoons Local Law
- Chapter 9 - Parks Local Law
- Chapter 11 - Sundry Matters Relating to Structures Local Law
- Chapter 12 - Public Health, Safety and Convenience Local Law
- Chapter 14 - Parking and Control of Traffic Local Law
- Queen Street Mall Local Law
- Chinatown and Brunswick Street Malls Local Law
- Animals Local Law 2003
- Ballymore Traffic Area Local Law 2001
- Brisbane City Council Local Law (The Gabba Traffic Area) 2000
- Dutton Park Parking Control Area Local Law 2006
- Lang Park Traffic Area Local Law 2002
- Meetings Local Law 2001
- Meetings Subordinate Local Law 2005
- Paid Parking Machines Local Law 2003
- Queensland Tennis Centre Parking Area Local Law 2009
- Robertson/MacGregor Traffic Area Regulated Parking Local Law 1996
- St Lucia Traffic Area Regulated Parking Local Law 1998
- The local law has repealed:
- Chapter 3 - Finance, Loans and Inscribed Stock, Rating etc. Local Law
- Chapter 5 - Permits and Licences Local Law
- Part 2 of Chapter 9 - Parks Local Law
- Parts 1, 5A and 8 of Chapter 12 - Public Health Safety and Convenience Local Law
- Chapter 17 - Water Supply and Sewerage Local Law
- Copies of the Administrative Arrangements Amending Local Law 2013 may be: Colin Jensen, Chief Executive Officer
- viewed and downloaded from this page; and
- viewed and downloaded at the Department's website
- inspected and purchased at Council's public office: Brisbane Square 266 George Street, Brisbane
For more information you can download the following documents: