When parking in Brisbane, be it in the CBD or in a residential street, there are general rules that you need to remember. These rules ensure all roads and footpaths can be used safely by other motorists and pedestrians.
Make sure that you don't park:
- on footpaths or footpath ramps
- across or partly blocking driveways or footpaths
- in any area or space designated as emergency, essential services or disability parking (unless your vehicle is permitted)
Unless otherwise signed, the following rules apply at intersections and bus stops:
- park at least 10 metres from an intersection without traffic lights
- if there are traffic lights, park at least 20 metres away from the intersection
- park at least 20 metres behind a bus stop, or at least 10 metres in front
For further information on Queensland's road rules, please visit the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
You can be issued with a parking fine if you don't follow these rules. Find out how to pay or appeal a parking fine.