Miles Platting Road/McKechnie Drive/Buckingham Place intersection upgrade
Brisbane City Council has completed the upgrade of the Miles Platting Road, McKechnie Drive, Buckingham Place intersection at Eight Mile Plains.
|Address||Intersection of Miles Platting Road, McKechnie Drive and Buckingham Place, Eight Mile Plains|
|Project outcome||Improved safety and traffic flow|
|Latest update||Construction commenced in mid February 2012 and is now complete. Some minor works will be completed over the next few weeks, and the traffic signals will be monitored to ensure there are no issues with the phasing and length of green time. |
You can download the:
Adobe Acrobat message - 54049
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
About the project
The Miles Platting Road, McKechnie Drive and Buckingham Place intersection upgrade at Eight Mile Plains was completed in June 2012 and will improve safety and traffic flow through this busy intersection.
The intersection upgrade involved:
- installing traffic lights with signalised pedestrian crossings on three sides
- widening the intersection within the existing road reserve
- providing a continuous four lanes (plus right-turn pockets) on Miles Platting Road, between Fraser Street and Buckingham Place
- installing on-road bicycle lanes between Buckingham Place and the bridge over the Gateway Motorway
- constructing new kerb and channel throughout the project area
- installing concrete centre medians and new pedestrian footpaths
- landscaping to help maintain the visual amenity of the area
What are the benefits?
The Miles Platting Road, McKechnie Drive, Buckingham Place intersection upgrade has improved traffic flow and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and road users by providing new traffic signals and crossing opportunities.
For more information
If you would like to ask questions or find out more about the Miles Platting Road, McKechnie Drive and Buckingham Place intersection upgrade, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 010 705
- email the project team
- write to
Miles Platting Road and McKechnie Drive intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001