Brisbane City Council closed all six lanes on the Story Bridge during the first weekend in January 2014 to undertake resurfacing works.
|Address||All six lanes of the Story Bridge|
|Ward||Central and The Gabba|
|Timing||Midnight Friday 3 January - 5am Monday 6 January 2014|
About the project
These works were required as the previous surface of the Story Bridge was approaching the end of its useful life, and the need for ad-hoc repairs would have become increasingly disruptive to traffic. Previous resurfacing works were undertaken in 1994.
Resurfacing works involved:
- removing the top layer of existing asphalt pavement
- sealing the underlying asphalt
- laying a new asphalt surface
- line marking on the new asphalt surface.
We would like to thank the community for their patience and understanding while these essential works were undertaken.
The resurfacing works will ensure:
- a reduced need for reactive bridge maintenance
- an improved road quality by providing a safe, more durable road surface
- the protection of the underlying bridge structure.
If you would like to find out more information about the Story Bridge Resurfacing project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Resurfacing
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001