Brisbane City Council provides a traffic volume count service for Council-owned traffic light intersections.
Before requesting a traffic count, contact Council to find out if the intersection is Council or Main Roads responsibility.
Traffic count average considerations may include:
- public and school holidays or other events that significantly affect averages
- pedestrians or different types of vehicles that cannot be identified
- turning vehicles cannot be identified from those that are travelling straight, except in designated turning lanes
Other traffic counts also available include:
- historical detailed manual traffic count
- truck count details
Types and fees
Fees are valid from 1 July, 2013.
|Traffic count type||Description||Minimum fee (including GST)|
|Average annual daily traffic||Average volume per day for the current year to-date||$102 (for 3 counts or 1 detailed count)|
|Detailed traffic count||Traffic count information for a specified period||$186 per count|
|Phasing sequence||The 'phasing sequence' is an intersection map to help you interpret the traffic count results||$25.60|
|Current timing plan||The 'time of day' plan lists the current times for scheduled intersection traffic light changes||$25.60|
How to apply
Download and complete the request form:
- Electronic traffic signal or count request application - CC10236 (PDF - 122kb)
- Traffic signal information request application - CC1946 (PDF - 56kb)
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.