Our service standards
You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week by contacting Council. When you contact us online, we endeavour to email an immediate acknowledgement.
When you report a routine maintenance issue, we will also endeavour to contact you within five working days with a reference number and a time frame for the request to be completed.
Write to Council online
When you write to Council about a more complex issue, we will endeavour to contact you within 20 working days with a full response.
You can phone us 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 07 3403 8888. You can expect the following:
- your call will be answered by a staff member within 20 seconds 80% of the time
- we will resolve your call on-the-spot 90% of the time, without having to refer it to another person or part of Council
- if you are making a request that requires action, we will give you a reference number to quote should you need to re-contact us
- if our staff cannot answer your enquiry directly, we will let you know when someone will get back to you
You can access information on a range of topics such as food licencing, advertising and upcoming business events, obtain licences and permits for festivals, events and filming, through to planning and development applications, procurement and business opportunities.
You can phone the Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263) and expect the following:
- a dedicated 24 hours a day, seven days a week hotline to support business in Brisbane
- your business related enquiries will be client managed
- every attempt will be made to satisfy your enquiry during your initial call to the hotline, however if we can't, we will endeavour to contact you again within one working day
- alternatively you can visit the doing business in Brisbane page
You can report a problem via SMS or MMS from your mobile phone to 0429 2 FIX IT (0429 34 948). When you report a problem, we will:
- endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your contact within two working days
- give you a reference number to quote should you need to re-contact us
You can write to us at:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001
When you write to Council, we will endeavour to:
- acknowledge receipt of your letter within two working days
- provide a detailed response within 20 working days
Our specialist Regional Business Centres provide information and professional advice on topics such as local laws, licences, permits, rate enquiries and account payments.
There are five Regional Business Centres located at Chermside, Carindale, Indooroopilly, Yeerongpilly and the Library and Customer Centre, Brisbane Square.
Paying your bills
There are many payment methods available that are listed on your invoice. If you have difficulty in paying, please contact us on 07 3403 8888 before the due date to discuss payment options.
Contacting Councillors and the Lord Mayor
View details on how to contact your local Councillor.
View details on how to contact the Lord Mayor.