You can use this form to request new road line markings in the Brisbane City Council area.
To report an urgent or public safety issue, phone Council's Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.
Instructions for requesting a new line marking
Please note, Council will not install the following line markings:
- Dragon teeth at school zones - These lines are not permitted in Queensland.
- Keep Clear marking in front of private property - These will only be considered where emergency vehicles require access to enter/leave on a busy road, or where congestion on a by-road makes it difficult for a motorist to enter/leave the road when turning right.
- Keep Clear markings at traffic signals - Council does not install these markings as it is illegal to enter a signalised intersection if unable to clear the intersection.
- Yellow grid markings at traffic signals - Yellow grid markings are reserved exclusively for use at railway level crossings.
Requesting yellow no stopping lines
Yellow no stopping lines may be considered:
- At signalised or un-signalised intersections that clearly define where vehicles cannot park.
- Narrow streets where cars cannot park along both sides of the street.
- Where parked vehicles create congestion or reduce safety (e.g. crest of hills or sharp bends where visibility is reduced).
If you are requesting a yellow line to address an ongoing illegal or dangerous parking practise, please complete a Parking Issue Register (PDF - 96kb) for a two week period. The register is to record time, dates and details of how cars are affecting traffic flow or access. Council will use this information to investigate the issue.
This form should take three (3) to five (5) minutes to complete.
Note: All questions are mandatory unless otherwise advised.