Council Annual Plan and Budget 2014-15
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk has announced the 2014-15 Brisbane City Council Budget, and how residents will benefit this financial year. Download the Lord Mayor's budget speech, budget documents and the Schedule of fees and charges (Word - 518kb).
The key areas of the $2.9 billion Budget include:
$1 billion for infrastructure investment:
- $360 million to complete Legacy Way and Open Level Crossings
- $99.6 million to deliver new and upgraded ferry terminals
- $60 million for suburban road resurfacing
- $5.8 million for congestion reduction unit initiatives
- $4.6 million for safety improvements at the Melbourne Street portal.
$68 million for asset maintenance:
- $13.3 million for landfill remediation and restoration
- $11.5 million for Shorncliffe Pier
- $10.9 million for bridges and culverts reconstruction
- $3.1 million for sports field and hard court condition rehabilitation.
$35.6 million for Brisbane’s economic growth:
- $17.9 million to deliver Window of Opportunity Report projects
- $8 million for leveraging G20 and Championing Brisbane
- $6 million for revitalising and activating the Queen Street Mall.
$33.4 million for access and inclusion initiatives:
- $27 million for Disability Discrimination Act upgrades for bus stops and ferry terminals
- $6.3 million for implementing the Access and Inclusion Plan.
$395.6 million for a cleaner and greener Brisbane:
- $179 million for parks
- $112.5 million for waste management
- $20.8 million for grass cutting
- $13.8 million for maintaining trees
- $9.6 million for graffiti removal and litter prevention
- $9.6 million for waterways enhancement and health.
Download the Lord Mayor's Budget speech:
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget full document 2014-15 (Word - 11.6Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2014-15 (Word - 121kb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2014-15 (PDF - 2.3Mb).
- Table of Contents (Word - 140kb)
- Document Overview (Word - 150kb)
- Budget Overview and Financial Statements (Word - 182kb)
- Clean, Green and Watersmart City (Word - 263kb)
- Moving Brisbane (Word - 211kb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 195kb)
- Your Brisbane (Word - 321kb)
- Public Health and Safety (Word - 152kb)
- Economic Development (Word 186kb)
- Customer Focus (Word - 144kb)
- City Governance (Word - 190kb)
- Appendix of Schedules (Word - 205kb)
- Businesses and Council Providers (Word - 186kb)
- Revenue Policy (Word - 123kb)
- Revenue Statement (Word - 136kb)
- Resolution of Rates and Charges (Word - 3.7Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 127kb)
- Index of Outcomes (Word - 127kb)
- Land Use Codes (Word - 87.5kb).
Download the Schedule of fees and charges documents:
- Schedule of fees and charges 2014-15 (Word - 518kb)
- Schedule of fees and charges - Appendix B 2014-15 (Word - 735kb)
- Schedule of fees and charges - Appendix C 2014-15 (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Schedule of fees and charges - Appendix D 2014-15 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Register of Cost-Recovery fees 2014-15 (Word - 906kb)
Investment and debt policies
Download the investment policy and debt policy documents: