Council Annual Plan and Budget 2015-16
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk has announced the 2015-16 Brisbane City Council Budget, and how residents will benefit this financial year. Download the:
The key areas of the $2.6 billion Budget include:
$524 million for suburban infrastructure investment:
- $309 million for roads and bikeways, including $100 million for road resurfacing
- $76.3 million for drainage, waterways and the natural environment
- $50.2 million for public transport
- $49.2 million for parks
- $23.8 million for community facilities
- $15.5 million for future Brisbane.
$125 million for reducing congestion:
- $49 million for suburban road and intersection upgrade projects
- $41.4 million for Kingsford Smith Drive, Wynnum Road and ICB 4 Laning
- $5.9 million for congestion reduction unit initiatives.
$40.3 million for Brisbane’s economic growth
- $20.8 million to implement the Brisbane 2022 New World City Action Plan
- $16.5 million for the City Centre, Queen Street Malls and Valley Malls.
$18 million for access and inclusion initiatives:
- $7.7 million for Delivering an Accessible Public Transport Network
- $5.9 million for implementing the Access and Inclusion Plan
- $4.5 million for DDA Compliant Ferry Terminals.
$355.1 million for a cleaner and greener Brisbane:
- $121.7 million for waste management
- $9.6 million for graffiti removal and litter prevention
- $9.2 million for waterways enhancement and health.
$168.2 million for parks, gardens and recreation:
- $21.3 million for maintaining bushland
- $14.8 million for grass cutting
- $15.9 million for maintaining trees.
Download the Lord Mayor's Budget speech:
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget full document 2015-16 (Word - 10.4Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2015-16 (Word - 122kb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2015-16 (PDF - 2Mb).
Sections of the Budget documents
- Table of Contents (Word - 1Mb)
- Document Overview (Word - 1Mb)
- Budget Overview and Financial Statements (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Clean, Green and Watersmart City (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Moving Brisbane (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 1.1Mb)
- Your Brisbane (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Public Health and Safety (Word - 1Mb)
- Economic Development (Word 1.1Mb)
- Customer Focus (Word - 1Mb)
- City Governance (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Appendix of Schedules (Word - 2Mb)
- Businesses and Council Providers (Word - 1.3Mb)
- Revenue Policy (Word - 929kb)
- Revenue Statement (Word - 964kb)
- Resolution of Rates and Charges (Word - 5.1Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 976kb)
- Index of Outcomes (Word - 957kb)
- Land Use Codes (Word - 88kb).
Download the Schedule of Fees and Charges documents:
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2015-16 (Word - 2.6Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix B 2015-16 (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix C 2015-16 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix D 2015-16 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Register of Cost Recovery Fees 2015-16 (Word - 1.6Mb).
Investment and debt policies
Download the investment policy and debt policy documents: