Brisbane International competition terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the Brisbane International competition promoted as part of the December/January edition of Living in Brisbane.
- General information: These Terms and Conditions of Entry set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council – Brisbane International Competition (the Competition).
- The promoter of the Competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its Corporate Communication branch whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (the Promoter).
- Submitting an entry to the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Prize: The prize is one (1) family pass for four people to the Brisbane International on Tuesday, 1 January 2019 at the Queensland Tennis Centre (the Prize).
- The Prize excludes any travel costs to and from the Queensland Tennis Centre.
- The Prize is not exchangeable or transferable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions of Entry, are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Prize must be redeemed by the winner unless the winner is under 18 years of age, in which case the winner's parent or guardian is required to redeem the Prize on the winner's behalf.
- The competition period: The Competition starts at 9.00am (AEST) on Monday, 3 December 2018 and closes at 12.00 noon (AEST) on Friday, 14 December 2018 (the Competition Period). No entries will be accepted after this time.
- Eligibility: Managers, employees, officers, agents and contractors of the Promoter, and their immediate families (i.e. spouse, partner, parent, grandparent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent)) are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- How to enter: To enter the Competition, the entrant must, during the Competition Period:
(a) complete the entry form on the Promoter's website at https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/about-council/council-information-rates/news-publications/living-brisbane-newsletter;
(b) live within the local government area of the City of Brisbane and, if requested by the Promoter, provide evidence of such residency; and
(c) be aged 18 years or older, or have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. If an entrant enters the Competition more than once all subsequent entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, the entrant tampers or interferes with an entry mechanism in any way.
- Competition draw: The winner will be drawn by random electronic selection by the Promoter at 10am on Monday, 17 December 2018.
- The winner of the Prize will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn. All decisions made by the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Notification of winner: The winner will be notified by email or phone by the Promoter before 4.00pm (AEST) on Monday, 17 December 2018.
- Prize claim date and unclaimed Prize draw: The winner must claim the Prize by 10.00am (AEST) on Wednesday, 19 December 2018 (the Prize Claim Date).
- The Prize will be emailed using the address information provided on the entry form, unless the winner provides an alternative address at the time they are notified as being the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost or misdirected email.
- If the winner does not claim the Prize or cannot be contacted by email or phone by the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed Prize draw at 2.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 19 December 2018.
- The winner of any unclaimed Prize draw will be notified by email or phone by the Promoter before 4.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 19 December 2018.
- No liability of the Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries.
- The winner acknowledges that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Prize. By entering the Competition and/or accepting the Prize, the winner accepts that risk for themselves and for their companions.
- The winner is responsible for:
(a) their use of the Prize, including complying with all relevant laws and any applicable terms and conditions of use; and
(b) any tax liability associated with the Prize.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss which includes but is not limited to loss of actual or anticipated profit, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of opportunity, loss of savings and/or loss of contract) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the Competition or acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Privacy Consent: By entering into the Competition, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) their personal information shall be collected and stored by the Promoter; and
- If requested by the Promoter, the winner must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prize, free of charge. The winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome).
- Force Majeure: In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result of the Competition or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering or technical failures, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel or suspend the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Competition updates or cancellation: The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any time and to cancel or amend the Competition at any time without further recourse to the entrants. Any updates to these Terms and Conditions of Entry will be published on the Promoter's website.
- These Terms and Conditions of Entry are governed by the laws of Queensland.