Brisbane Roar competition terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the Brisbane Roar competition promoted as part of the November edition of Living in Brisbane.
- The Promoter of the competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its Corporate Communication branch whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these competition conditions.
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these competition conditions.
- Prize: There are two (2) tickets to the Brisbane Roar vs. Melbourne Victory match on Friday 14 December to give away.
The prize is not exchangeable or transferable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winner, other than those outlined in these competition conditions, are the responsibility of the prize winner.
The prize must be redeemed by the prize winner unless the prize winner is under 18 years of age, in which case the prize winner’s parent or guardian is required to redeem the prize on the prize winner’s behalf.
- The competition period: The competition will open at 9am on Monday 5 November 2018 and closes at 12 noon on Thursday 29 November 2018.
- How to enter: Entrants must complete the entry form at https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/about-council/council-information-rates/news-publications/living-brisbane-newsletter. Only one entry per person. If an entrant enters the competition more than once all subsequent entries will be deemed invalid.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, the entrant must:
(a) fully and legibly complete all the details on the official entry form;
(b) live within the local government area of the City of Brisbane and, if requested, be able to provide evidence of such residency;
(c) not be an employee, immediate family member, or contracted staff of Brisbane City Council or the Promoter; and
(d) be over the age of 18 or have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter the competition.
- Competition Draw: The winner will be randomly drawn by a Council Officer on Friday 30 November 2018. The winner of the prize will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn. The decision of that officer shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by email or phone, by a Council Officer.
- Re-Draw: If a winner does not claim the prize or cannot be contacted by email or phone by 5pm on (Monday 3 December), the Promoter will redraw the prize until a contactable winner has been located and the prize is claimed.
- No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss which includes but is not limited to loss of actual or anticipated profit, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of opportunity, loss of savings and/or loss of contract) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize.
- Important – Copyright and Privacy Consent: By entering into the competition, the entrant acknowledges that their personal information shall only be collected and stored by the Promoter for the purpose of this competition.
- Force Majeure:
In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result of this competition or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
Where the prize match is for any reason cancelled or postponed by the Football Federation of Australia, or the referees of the game, the Promotor shall arrange tickets to another home game in replacement, if the prize tickets are not otherwise redeemable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these competition conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.