Brisbane City Council is providing additional wheelie bins at central hubs in the most severely affected suburbs to assist residents to dispose of spoiling food quickly after blackouts.
Wheelie bins will be on site from today and signed as food waste only at the below locations:
- St Lucia
- Macquarie St – in turn around zone
- Thrush St, Westrups Way Park
- Hyacinth St, Kev Hooper Memorial Park
- Heroes Ave car park
- Vendale Ave, back of Moorooka Lawn Bowls near entrance to Koala Park
- Currey Ave, Moorooka District Football Club car park
- Jolimont St, opposite number 84.
- Barr St, hard surface in front of bollards
- School Rd, City Memorial Pool Car park
- Hyde Rd, Fehlberg Park – hard surface
Residents who are unable to dispose of food waste at these locations are encouraged to visit their closest transfer station, otherwise to place food waste in their wheelie bins in preparation for normal collection.
Normal wheelie bin services will continue as per the usual schedule for general waste in other suburbs across the city.
Council thanks residents for their patience while bins are delivered and collected.
For more information visit www.brisbane.qld.gov.au or on 3403 8888.