Brisbane City Council wishes to advise aerial mosquito treatments will be undertaken on Wednesday 20 February and into Thursday 21 February following a tidal event.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopter, commencing at approximately 1pm on Wednesday at Nudgee Hill and covering areas around Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, Brisbane Airport, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Islands, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek, Tingalpa and Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk;
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET;
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors;
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning;
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on 3403 8888.