Following Brisbane Innovate 2018, problem solvers were invited to submit their solutions for consideration against the below eligibility criteria:
- directly address one of the three challenges identified
- not already exist
- involve at least two partners working together – for example, industry, government or not-for-profit. All parties are to contribute in-kind support (i.e. no financial only partners)
- have long-term viability
- identify the role that Council plays using the Smart Connected Brisbane document:
- demonstrate alignment with one or more of the Smart Connected Brisbane characteristics
- have the ability to be scaled
- use open data including datasets available at Council's Open Data website where possible.
The solution submission period has now closed.
Opportunities to progress solutions
Council will enter into conversations with proponents that have eligible solutions on ways to progress that are appropriate to the challenge and solution. This may include, but is not limited to:
- further exploration of the solution through the new Brisbane Innovation Lab
- partnering with Council to deliver a proof of concept via the Better Brisbane Proposals process
- coordinating support to connect key players in the relevant sectors
- exploration of data and expertise Council can provide.
Council will contact submitters in early 2019.