Brisbane Innovate 2017
Brisbane Innovate is a series of challenges and events hosted by Brisbane City Council which encourages innovation to help build and sustain the growth and development of our city.
The Brisbane Innovate 2017 event is free and consists of a keynote speech and panel discussion followed by an application-only roundtable brainstorming session.
The event is on Friday 20 October at Brisbane City Hall. Tickets for the keynote speech and panel discussion event will be released mid-September.
Applications for the roundtable brainstorming session are closed and applicants will be notified soon about their application.
- 7.30am Registrations open and opportunity to view showcase booths
- 8.00am Keynote speech and panel discussion
- 10am Morning tea
- 10.40am Round table session (including working lunch)
- 1pm Event concludes
The roundtable brainstorming session is your opportunity to network and generate new ideas with a diverse group of industry professionals.
Focussed around six key topics, this session will help Council seize opportunities presented by emerging technology by using cross-industry collaboration. Apply to discuss one or all of the topics, and help us address one of the topics below.
- City planning - How can we make the city planning process more inclusive and engage more people in a positive way?
- Traffic congestion and public transport - How do we ensure Brisbane is easy to get around, now and into the future?
- Shopping precincts - How can we better understand and encourage desired behaviour in different precincts? For example, how do we activate the daytime economy in Fortitude Valley or attract more shoppers to precincts like Stones Corner and the CBD?
- Talent and skills - How can Brisbane future-proof its workforce and attract and retain the world's best talent?
- War on waste - How can Brisbane fight the war on waste (landfill, office furniture, food and kerbside collections)?
- Digital inclusion and access - How will Council provide connectivity, devices and education for those not online? How do businesses retain traditional contact channels?
Keynote speech and panel discussion
The speakers and topics for the keynote speech and panel event will be announced mid-September.