Tips to submit a tender
- Read and Understand the tender documents.
(How are Council’s Requirements different to the way that you normally do business?)
- Understand your potential client.
(How can you structure your submission and price competitively to meet Council’s needs?)
- Clearly identify the legal entity in your tender.
(Council needs to understand who it is evaluating from the moment it commences its evaluation.)
- Ask questions.
(If you don’t understand ask, Council’s Contact Officer will be able to help.)
- Sell Yourself.
(Remember to be concise, capable and competitive.)
- Ensure pricing is as competitive as possible.
(If your price isn’t competitive against other tenderers, Council may not shortlist your offer for further consideration.)
- Proofread prior to submitting.
- Remember the deadline.
Be sure to take note of the deadline and submit your tender response on time.