Brisbane's Sister City - Auckland
On this page you can find general information about Auckland, as well as download a fact sheet with key facts and opportunity sectors fact sheet.
Auckland city is a key commercial, manufacturing and financial centre. The city’s economy accounts for approximately half of the region’s production. The major industries are:
- business/financial services
- retail/wholesale trade
- education and training
- digital and technology
- food and agribusiness.
- is home to 1.6 million people, accounting for more than one third of New Zealand’s population
- generates 38% of New Zealand’s Gross Domestic Product
- ranked highly for innovation and liveability globally
- is built on a volcanic field or more than 53 volcanoes. Most of these are now extinct and have become popular recreation spots.
Auckland has a large cosmopolitan community. The cultural diversity of more than 200 ethnicities is reflected in the wide variety of businesses, local cuisine, community festivals, education programs and entertainment options.
- Auckland key facts and opportunity sectors fact sheet (PDF - 1.5Mb)
- Auckland key facts and opportunity sectors fact sheet (Word - 92kb).
For more information visit the Auckland Sister Cities website.