Brisbane's Sister City - Auckland
Auckland city is a key commercial, manufacturing and financial centre. The city’s economy accounts for approximately half of the region’s production. The major industries are:
- business/financial services
- retail/wholesale trade
- education and training
- digital and technology
- food and agribusiness.
- is home to 1.6 million people, accounting for more than one third of New Zealand’s population
- generates 38% of New Zealand’s Gross Domestic Product
- ranked highly for innovation and liveability globally
- is built on a volcanic field or more than 53 volcanoes. Most of these are now extinct and have become popular recreation spots.
Auckland has a large cosmopolitan community. The cultural diversity of more than 200 ethnicities is reflected in the wide variety of businesses, local cuisine, community festivals, education programs and entertainment options.
For more information visit the Auckland Sister Cities website.