Our Sister City relationships are enhanced through volunteer committees chaired by prominent and influential members of the local business community.
The International Relations Unit identifies potential international opportunities that arise through staff exchanges and placements that align with Council's strategic direction.
Staff exchanges and placements contribute to the vision of the Brisbane City Council; to be the most efficient, effective and customer-oriented organisation in the Asia-Pacific region, through the development of:
- mutually beneficial business, cultural and economic relationships with overseas and domestic organisations
- commercial opportunities for Brisbane City Council and/or the City of Brisbane
- strategic alliances with overseas and domestic organisations to exchange information, practices, learnings and contribute to innovations within the Brisbane City Council
- a favourable profile and reputation of the Brisbane City Council and the City of Brisbane domestically and internationally
- a global perspective within the Brisbane City Council workforce, including an appreciation of different cultures, business practices, activities, and opportunities
- the skills, knowledge, and abilities of employees to meet career developmental needs
Honorary ambassadors and consultants program
Appointed by Brisbane City on the recommendation of the Lord Mayor and/or CEO, ambassadors promote Brisbane both nationally and internationally, identifying business opportunities and potential investments in areas they travel to.