Mobile Vehicle Election Signs
During the permitted exhibition period, approval from Council for Mobile Vehicle Election Signs will not be required provided the signs adhere to the following conditions:
- The vehicle is lawfully parked.
- Maximum length of 3.5 metres.
- Maximum height of 2 metres.
- Maximum area of 7 m².
- If the Election Sign involves the use of digital media, the sign must only use static images, i.e. no animation or moving pictures.
- Digital images must not change while the vehicle is in motion.
- For parked (standing) vehicles, the digital image must not change any more frequently than every eight seconds.
The permitted exhibition period is:
(a) for fixed term elections, referendums or plebiscites, the period beginning 35 days before the polling date and ending on the date which is seven days after the relevant election date; and
(b) for non-fixed term elections, the period beginning on the date on which the writ of election is issued and ending on the date which is seven days after the relevant election date.
These provisions do not apply to messaging incorporated into the livery of a vehicle (e.g. a ‘wrapped car’).