Brisbane 2022 New World City Action Plan and Brisbane Vision 2031.
Highlights of the recently released Council Annual Plan and Budget 2018-19 to support this commitment include:
- $200,000 towards the setup of an innovation lab within Brisbane Marketing, which will identify and solve economic and civic challenges and launch new initiatives to benefit residents and business.
- Delivering Brisbane Innovate for the third year, Council’s flagship Open Innovation event that brings together private industry, government, academia and the community to collectively solve city challenges.
- $248,000 to expand free Wi-Fi to even more suburban centres.
- Continuing to explore opportunities for data science to create efficiency for Council operations, and funding proof of concepts to explore new and innovative solutions and opportunities for Brisbane.
- Ongoing investment in the Brisbane Datastore website to share re-usable, accessible and understandable Council data with the public.
Friday, 29 June, 2018