Digital Brisbane survey - participants prize draw - terms and conditions
These are the Terms and conditions for Brisbane City Council's Digital Brisbane Survey (completed via the original link or via a shared link) participants’ prize draw competition to win 32GB Apple iPad with 9.7 inch retina display with Wi-Fi.
- Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms & conditions.
- The competition period: The competition period is 12.01am Friday 21 April to midnight on Wednesday 10 May 2017.
- Eligibility: Entry to the competition is open to all persons except employees of Brisbane City Council (“Council”), Brisbane Marketing, and their immediate family, staff and staff of companies involved with the production, publishing and administration of this promotion and their immediate family. Immediate family means parents, siblings, spouse, children and grandparents.
- Entry to the competition is only open to Australian residents who are over 14 years of age on the day entries close (proof of age may be required to receive prize).
- How to enter: To enter, participants must complete the Brisbane City Council Digital Brisbane Survey and input their email contact details as part of the online survey within the competition period. Those who complete the survey and enter their email details within the competition period automatically go in the draw.
- Inputting email contact details entitles the person automatic entry into the competition.
- Entries are only valid for this promotion.
- Prize: One 32GB Apple iPad with 9.7 inch retina display with Wi-Fi valued at $469.
The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the prizewinner, other than those outlined in these competition conditions, are the responsibility of the prize winner. The prize is subject to the specific terms and conditions of the prize provider.
- Competition draw: The winner will be randomly drawn by a Council staff member at 11am on Monday 8 May 2017. The winner will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner notification: The winner will be contacted via email – using the email contact information inputted in the survey.
- The prize package must be claimed by 5pm Friday 12 May 2017, by reply email or phone call. If the winner does not claim the prize or cannot be contacted by email by Friday 12 May 2017, the Promoter will re-draw a prizewinner until a contactable winner has been located and the prize is claimed.
- Proof of identity may be required when claiming the prize.
- Important-Privacy Consent: This competition is part of the Council’s Digital Brisbane Survey. By entering this competition, the entrant agrees to having their personal information as detailed on their entry form being collected and stored on the Council’s and/or Brisbane Marketing’s, and/or their authorised agents’ databases and used by the Council and/or Brisbane Marketing and agents and contractors acting on behalf of Council and/or Brisbane Marketing for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- In the event that a winner fails to satisfy any of the terms and conditions, that prize winner shall not be entitled to the prize and Council may at its discretion award the prize to another entrant in accordance with the terms and conditions, or choose not to award the prize.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Council may, but is under no obligation to substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the prizewinner's responsibility.
- Council assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, and assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or any other person's computer, related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Council and its related entities, employees, contractors, servants or agents shall not be liable for and accept no responsibility for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property arising out of any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise in conjunction with the Competition or a prize occurring either during or after the Competition.
- Participation in the Competition constitutes the entrant's unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Terms and Conditions. Council’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Terms and Conditions generally.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Council), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- Council may, at its own discretion, amend these Terms and Conditions if and when required and/or cancel the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to entrants. Any such amendments shall be effective upon being live on the terms and conditions. Entrants agree to be bound to any amendments in the Terms and Conditions so please ensure that you review these Terms and Conditions for any updates.
The promoter of this Competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.