Brisbane City Council aims to make the application process as easy as possible. Find important information to support your application.
Preparing your application
A one page covering letter should be included in your application. The letter should contain information that demonstrates your capabilities and experience and ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
You do not need to provide a specific statement addressing each selection criteria.
A resume (curriculum vitae) should be included in your application. The resume should contain:
- your full name
- current contact details
- a concise description of your relevant work experience, starting with the most recent (including dates)
- any other information that is relevant to the position you are applying for.
How to apply
To apply online follow these tips:
- complete all the fields in your application form.
- use a valid email address so we can contact you.
- once the application is complete, select Submit. We will send you a confirmation email after receiving your application.
- check your telephone messages and emails regularly as this is how we will contact you about your application.
The selection process
Throughout the selection process you will be required to demonstrate that you meet all the relevant selection criteria to be considered for employment. Selection is based on equity and merit.
Shortlisting will be finalised after the closing date indicated on the advertisement.
All applicants will be advised via email or phone about the status of their application following shortlisting.
All interview questions will be job related. To prepare yourself for the questions that may be asked:
- re-read the key accountabilities and essential and desirable selection criteria for the position
- think of examples of work or study situations where you applied the relevant skills and abilities.
- bring personal notes into the interview as prompts
- bring any relevant reports or other work you have done which will provide examples of your skills and abilities.
After the interview
You will be asked to nominate at least two recent referees who you have been accountable to and have first-hand knowledge of your work performance. You will be notified before referees are contacted.
Offer of appointment
All interviewed applicants will be notified verbally as soon as possible after the selection panel have reached their decision.
Support for people with a disability
Council has an award winning reasonable adjustment policy and we will endeavour to provide all necessary support to ensure that people with disabilities are not disadvantaged in the recruitment process.
If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process, please identify as a person with a disability on your application and indicate what type of reasonable adjustment you require. This may include assistance with attending an interview.
If you are applying for a job with the assistance of a Disability Employment Service (DES) provider, your DES case worker can assist you in letting us know about the kind of support you may require.
For more information about the role or progress of the selection process, contact the person specified in the advertisement.