Tertiary work experience
Students are placed for up to 30 days each calendar year (or longer if it is a mandatory and assessable component of their study).
Suitable project work is identified and students are 'matched' to the relevant skills and knowledge required for the placement.
Types of tertiary work experience
We offer work experience within various disciplines, including (but not limited to):
- human resources
- town planning
- information and communication technology (ICT)
- communications, marketing and event management
- law and governance.
How to apply
You must contact the career advisers at your university for information on how to apply for Council's tertiary work experience programs.
Important eligibility information
To apply for the work experience program, you must:
- be at least 14 years old
- be enrolled in a tertiary program within a recognised, Australian, degree-granting institution
- have personal accident insurance and public liability insurance coverage provided by the tertiary educational establishment you are currently enrolled in
- have a visa/work rights that allow this type of activity.
For more information on our Tertiary Work Experience program phone Council on 07 3403 8888 or email Employment programs.