Traineeships are your stepping stone into the workforce. After completing 12 to 18 months of formal training and hands-on learning you will have:
- a nationally recognised qualification
- valuable work experience
- opportunities to apply for roles within Brisbane City Council or other organisations.
Types of traineeships
A traineeship is a great way to start your career in areas such as:
- business administration
- civil construction.
How to apply
Council recruits throughout the year for trainees. Create an account and register for job alerts to be notified of vacancies as soon as they become available.
You will need a minimum education standard (Year 10 level) in English and Maths.
The recruitment process involves:
- submitting a resume and cover letter
- attending an interview
- completing some basic testing.
Important eligibility information
To apply for a traineeship with Council, you must not:
- hold a qualification in the same field or in a field related to that of the proposed traineeship
- have a qualification that is equal to or higher than the qualification you will receive by undertaking the traineeship.
You must be:
- 15 years and over
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a person with a permanent residency visa, a temporary protection visa or a temporary residency visa.
Applicants from the following groups are encouraged to apply:
- young people
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- people from a non-English speaking background
- people with disability or impairment
- Australian South Sea Islanders.
For more information on our Traineeship program phone Council on 07 3403 8888 or email Brisbane City Council Careers.