Bus driver jobs
Brisbane City Council bus drivers help make a real improvement to our community. Every bus means 40 fewer cars on Brisbane's roads.
As a full-time or casual bus operator, you enjoy flexible hours, job security, full training and competitive pay with applicable penalty rates and allowances.
If you are interested in bus driver jobs, visit Council's recruitment website to check if we are currently advertising. We recommend you sign up for job alerts to receive an email notification when we advertise a bus driver job.
How to apply
To apply, you must:
- have held an Australian open 'C' class licence (car) for at least three years (a bus or truck licence is better and requires less training)
- be able to obtain a current Driver Authorisation from Queensland Transport with both 'G' (general) and 'S' (scheduled) classes*
- have a good driving history
- be good with people
- have full work rights status in Australia
- be able to work different shifts.
* Although this is not a requirement for interview, you must have a Driver Authorisation to be considered for employment as a casual bus operator.
To be considered for a bus driver role, go to Council's job search, add 'bus operator' as a keyword and apply.
Council also offers traineeships for bus operators, including completing a Certificate III in Driving Operations. If you complete the traineeship and meet required performance standards, Council may offer you a permanent position.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
For more information, phone the Recruitment Centre on 07 3403 4998.