Bus driver jobs
Every bus on the road means 40 fewer cars, so Brisbane City Council bus drivers help make a real improvement to our community.
Working as a full-time or casual bus operator, you’ll enjoy flexible hours, job security, full training, and competitive pay with applicable penalty rates and allowances.
If you are interested in bus driver jobs, please go to our recruitment website to check if we are currently advertising. We recommend you sign up for job alerts so you get an email notification when we advertise a bus driver job.
How to apply
To apply, you must:
- have held an Australian open 'C' class licence (car) for at least three years (a bus or truck licence is even better and requires less training)
- be able to obtain a current Driver Authorisation from Queensland Transport with both 'G' (general) and 'S' (scheduled) classes*
- have a good driving history
- be good with people
- have full work rights status in Australia
- be able to work different shifts.
*Although this is not a requirement for interview, you must have a Driver Authorisation to be considered for employment as a casual bus operator.
If you wish to be considered for this role, you must go to Council's job search, add 'bus operator' as a keyword, and apply.
Brisbane City Council also offers traineeships for bus operators, including completing a Certificate III in Driving Operations. If you complete the traineeship and meet Brisbane City Council’s performance standards, you may be offered a permanent position.
Brisbane City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact the Recruitment Centre on 07 3403 4998.