Engineering jobs | Brisbane City Council

Engineering jobs

Brisbane City Council has great career paths for qualified engineers with a desire to make a real contribution for the people of Brisbane.

Brisbane is booming and engineers have the chance to be involved in projects that will make a real difference to our city’s future. The variety and scope of projects in Council is endless.

We need environmental, civil and electrical engineers to deliver projects to and provide foresight on how the city should manage growth.

Council provides world-class engineering solutions to new issues or concerns, so that Brisbane continues to be one of the most livable cities in the world.

Council engineer benefits

As a Council engineer you will enjoy these benefits:

  • competitive salaries including special remuneration agreements for senior engineers (conditions apply)
  • a generous superannuation scheme – up to 14% for permanent employees personally contributing 5%, total 19% (conditions apply)
  • generous leave agreements
  • opportunities for paid professional subscriptions and attendance at professional conferences and seminars
  • flexible working hours including condensed working weeks, part-time and job share arrangements and the ability to work from home
  • further study assistance and career breaks

Variety and worthwhile work

Qualified engineers can stay in Brisbane to get involved in world-class infrastructure projects.

Engineers are currently involved in some of the biggest Brisbane projects ever done such as:

  • Legacy Way Tunnel
  • Airport Link
  • Brisbane Aquifer projects
  • Brisbane foreshore parklands upgrade

Engineers work with many different professions in multi-disciplinary teams on major projects including:

  • planners
  • landscape architects
  • environmental scientists
  • marketing and communications

Networks exist for engineers to share ideas and advice with Council colleagues.

More information

For more information on the variety of work available to engineers phone 07 3403 4998 or email Brisbane City Council Careers.

20 January 2016