So you've had your morning, organic coffee in your reusable cup and tended to your balcony herb garden? You may have even caught public transport or cycled to work. If so, you're doing your part for the environment. Great job!
But there's a bigger picture.
Brisbane is a city that lives and breathes its dedication to a healthy environment and lifestyle.
Check out nine ways Brisbane City Council is helping to keep our city clean, green and sustainable.
- 2100 parks across the city, with more created all the time.
- 9500 hectares of natural areas preserving precious bushland.
- 40 plus community gardens and city farms.
- Support more than 5000 community volunteers to protect 870 waterway and bushland sites across 3000 hectares.
- Plant approximately 10,000 street trees along residential footpaths and bikeways each year.
- Council is Australia's largest 100% carbon neutral organisation.
- 2500 plus plant and animal species make Brisbane the most biodiverse capital in Australia.
- 50% less litter on Brisbane streets since 2009.
- 'Good' air quality has increased by 20% over the last 20 years.
Council is inspiring residents and businesses to keep Brisbane clean, green and sustainable for our children and theirs to follow. Together we've achieved a lot, but there's still more to do.
Find out more about being Brisbane clean and green in Brisbane.