Welcome to Brisbane City Council's community composting hub initiative!
To start your journey, you'll need to:
Composting is a great way to reduce food waste at home and help your local community garden create rich nutrients for the soil.
Top 10 food waste items for your caddy
Here are the top 10 food waste items you can put in your collection caddy and drop to your local community composting hub bins:
- egg shells
- vegetable peelings
- leftover cooked vegetables
- fruit skins
- coffee grounds
- used tea bags or tea leaves
- wilted herbs
- small amount of fresh lawn clippings (green waste)
- salad greens (bottom of the crisper leftovers)
- fresh flowers (at the end of their vase life).