We’re breaking down the best ways you can repurpose your leftover holiday ham, turkey, chicken and beef. It was going to be a top five – but we all agreed no one has leftover seafood!
Get creative to make these ideas work with what you have left in the fridge. Snap a pic and share it on social media using the hashtag #lovefoodhatewastebne to inspire other food waste warriors.
- Grill mini pineapple and ham pizzas on half English muffins or use pita breads as the base.
- Add chopped ham to a creamy pasta dish like carbonara.
- Freeze the ham bone for cooler months and use it as a base for your pea and ham soup.
- Make a turkey casserole – it’s a one pot wonder go to!
- Shred it and add it to an Asian style noodle soup with lots of greens.
- Refry it with some Mexican spices and a can of tomatoes to jazz up taco night.
- Nothing beats homemade chicken (or turkey) sandwiches – try it with apple slices and cranberry sauce.
- Bake a chicken quiche with shredded chicken, veggies and nubs of cheese leftover from the snack platter.
- Lighten your dinner menu with a chicken Caesar salad.
- Throw together a Thai beef salad with mint, coriander and chilli to liven up your shredded beef leftovers.
- Bring back comfort food with a beef stroganoff with mushrooms.
- Festive fajitas are always a good idea and an easy meal in the days between Christmas and New Year’s.