Green Heart Schools Future BNE Challenge Competition terms and conditions
Read the Green Heart Schools 2020 Future BNE Challenge terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Green Heart Schools Future BNE Challenge competition (the Terms and Conditions).
The Green Heart Schools Future BNE Challenge is a two-part immersive, interactive and future-thinking learning experience for Year seven (7) students. During this challenge, students evaluate local and global environmental challenges, re-imagine a Brisbane in year 2100, and create and design solutions to ensure Brisbane city is prepared, resilient, adaptable and sustainable now and into the future (Future BNE Challenge).
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its Natural Environment Water and Sustainability branch, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (the Promoter).
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition period: There are two competition periods.
The first competition period opens at 8.30am AEST on Monday 27 January 2020 and closes at 4.30pm AEST on Friday 12 June 2020 (Competition Period 1).
The second competition period opens at 8.30am AEST on Monday 15 June 2020 and closes 4.30pm AEST on Friday 13 November 2020 (Competition Period 2).
A school is only eligible to enter one competition period.
- Prize details: There is one (1) prize available for each competition period.
The prize for each competition period is a $500 voucher. The prize winner for each competition period may select the $500 voucher from the following list of prize providers below (the Prize).
a) Modern Teaching Aids https://www.teaching.com.au/home;
b) Australian Geographic https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/;
c) Bunnings Warehouse https://www.bunnings.com.au/gift-cards/send-by-post#/value-and-quantity;
d) Reverse Garbage http://www.reversegarbageqld.com.au/; or
e) EDSCO https://www.edsco.com.au/.
- How to enter: To enter this competition, a school must submit the Future BNE Challenge online feedback form found at https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5466134/Future-BNE-Challenge-program-teacher-evaluation-and-competition-entry and elect to enter this competition.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, a school must, before the end of Competition Period 2:
a) be a school catering to Year 7 students that is located in the City of Brisbane;
b) conduct the Future BNE Challenge incursion lesson hosted by the Brisbane City Council's Environment Centres;
c) conduct the Future BNE Challenge in-classroom lesson to at least one Year 7 class of students; and
d) fully and legibly complete all details in the Future BNE Challenge online feedback form.
A school can only enter this competition once. All subsequent entries from the same school with be deemed ineligible.
- Competition drawing: The Prize winner will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn by an officer of the Promoter for each competition period.
For Competition Period 1, the draw will be undertaken at 12.00pm noon AEST on Monday 15 June 2020.
For Competition Period 2, the draw is at 12.00pm noon AEST on Monday 16 November 2020.
The decision of that officer shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize disclaimer:
a) Each Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Refunds will not be made in respect of unused services or Prizes. Where a Prize or part of a Prize is unavailable, the Promoter retains the right to substitute the Prize (or part) with a Prize (or part) of equal or greater value.
b) In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
c) All costs associated with each Prize not specifically included in these Terms and Conditions, including, but not limited to, any transport costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
d) If a Prize includes tickets or registration to an event, the tickets and/or registration are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets and/or registration. If any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the relevant winner forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in these circumstances.
e) Any tickets, passes or vouchers issued as part of a Prize are subject to the additional terms and conditions of use imposed by the Prize provider. They are only valid for use within the stated duration of the tickets, passes or vouchers issued and are not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged.
- Winner notification: Each Prize winner will be notified by an officer of the Promoter via the email address nominated in the Future BNE Challenge online feedback form by 5pm AEST on Monday 15 June 2020 for Competition Period 1 and by 5pm AEST on Monday 16 November 2020 for Competition Period 2. The name of the winning school may be published in a Brisbane local newspaper or on Brisbane City Council’s website.
- How to claim and redeem Prize: The winner must claim the Prize by replying to the winner notification email received from the Promoter and providing an email or mailing address by 5pm AEST on Wednesday 17 June 2020 for Competition Period 1 (Prize Claim Date 1), or by 5pm AEST on Wednesday 18 November 2020 (Prize Claim Date 2).
The winner must advise in their email reply what Prize they have selected. The Prize will be posted to their mailing address or via email (e-voucher) at the discretion of the Prize provider.
- Re-draw: If the Prize is not claimed by the relevant Prize Claim Date, the winner will forfeit the Prize and an officer of the Promoter will re-draw the Prize until the Prize is claimed.
- No liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries or for the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of the Prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Privacy consent: By entering this Prize draw, the school acknowledges and consents to the name of the school being:
a) collected and stored by the Promoter for the purpose of this competition;
b) provided to the Prize provider by the Promoter for the purpose of this competition if the relevant entrant is drawn as a Prize winner; and
c) acknowledged as having participated in the Future BNE Challenge for promotional purposes of the Promoter.
If for any reason, the Promoter in its sole discretion decides that a competition entry is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, and obscene or otherwise contains objectionable or inappropriate content, that entry will be deemed ineligible. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Force majeure: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry and participation process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition.
- Competition updates or cancellation: The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.