Creek Catchment Officers
As part of Brisbane City Council's Community Conservation Partnerships program, Creek Catchment Officers help the community protect and restore Brisbane's waterways and bays. They do this in partnership with the 11 catchment groups city-wide.
Each Creek Catchment Officer supports a number of catchment groups across Brisbane. Officers help groups further develop their capacity through:
- skills development and training
- assisting to plan catchment restoration projects, and
- support the delivery of project funding through the Community Conservation Initiatives Assistance.
Council supports community environment groups in a variety of ways including:
- Environment and sustainability grants
- Community Conservation Assistance, eligible to groups and individuals as part of Council's Community Conservation Partnerships program.
For more information regarding the Creek Catchments program, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.