Glindemann Park revitalisation works
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the revitalisation works at Glindemann Park, which were part of the long-term Norman Creek 2012-2031 Master Plan, are now complete.
The Norman Creek 2012-2031 Master Plan identified Glindemann Creek as an opportunity to restore and enhance the community’s link to the environment through building thriving habitats for plants and wildlife, and providing recreational spaces for people to use and enjoy connecting to nature.
|Address||Glindemann Park, Holland Park|
|Project outcomes||Improve recreation opportunities and habitat for plants and wildlife|
Construction completed in late June 2018.
View the concept plan:
About the project
The Norman Creek Master Plan identified an opportunity for Glindemann Creek to become a vegetated waterway, with remediation efforts focused on creating a vegetation buffer along the creek. This project was the next phase of revitalisation works undertaken as part of the Norman Creek Master Plan, with Coorparoo Creek Park stage one completed in early 2017.
The Glindemann Park revitalisation works have enhanced the location as an environmental and recreational asset. Works were completed at the southern area of the park, and were in line with Council’s goal to ensure Brisbane is a resilient, water smart city that uses water sustainably and protects its waterways.
- improves the health of the waterway and ecosystems
- revegetated the banks of the local creek to enhance the riparian corridors
- created shady subtropical habitats for native plants and wildlife
- connects residents to the scenic qualities and visual character of the waterway
- encourages interaction with nature.
Works started early February 2018 and are now complete.
Council would like to thank local residents and businesses for their patience and understanding while these important works were undertaken.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team.