Greenslopes stormwater drainage upgrade
Council is upgrading the stormwater drainage system in several streets around the Greenslopes Private Hospital including Denman Street, Hunter Street and Newdegate Street.
This project is part of Council’s commitment to ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
|Address||Denman Street, Hunter Street and Newdegate Street, Greenslopes|
|Project outcomes||Replace existing stormwater pipes to ensure ongoing management of the stormwater|
About the project
As part of this drainage and stormwater improvement work, Council will:
- Replace the existing stormwater pipes that run along the centre of the streets
- Upgrade the gully that connects to stormwater in Hunter Street
- Provide connections to existing stormwater pipes and drainage.
Due to the location of these stormwater pipes under the road, Council officers will be required to close sections of the road for a certain period of time while the pipes are replaced.
Construction will take place from Monday 17 October 2022 and will be completed by mid-April 2023 (weather permitting).
The work will be completed in four sections:
- Denman Street, between Henry Street and Newdegate Street
- This project will be the first location, starting on Monday 17 October and will require a full road closure. Work is due to be completed in this section by end of November (weather permitting).
- Residents will be able to access their property from Henry Street via traffic control during work hours.
- Denman Street, between Thomas Street and Newdegate Street
- This project will start late October and is expected to be completed by early December (weather permitting).
- Residents will be able to access their property from Thomas Street via traffic control during work hours.
- Newdegate Street, between Denman Street and Hunter Street
- Work will begin in this stage from early December 2022 and be completed by late January 2023. Note: work will stop during Christmas shut down period).
- This project will require single lane closures with traffic controllers on site.
- Hunter Street, between Newdegate Street and Nicholson Street
- This project will start in early February 2023 and be completed by mid-April (weather permitting).
- This street will be closed to through traffic throughout during construction. Residents will be able to access their properties via traffic control.
The work will be conducted Monday to Friday between 7am and 5pm.
We would like to thank the local community for their patience and understanding during these important works to improve the drainage capacity of the area.
If you would like more information about this project, you can: