Good Neighbour Clean-up Scheme
The Good Neighbour Clean-up Scheme is a Brisbane City Council initiative that matches available volunteers with eligible residents to transport unwanted household items to a Council resource recovery centre for free.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- live in the Brisbane City Council area
- be over 60 years of age and are frail or have a disability
- have no friends, family or neighbours who can assist, and have no access to alternative support in the home.
Volunteers will not collect:
- domestic waste
- waste which exceeds a mass weight of 20kg
- green waste
- hazardous waste
- building materials
- glass and mirrors
- analogue televisions
- household items that can fit in a wheelie bin.
If you would like to make a collection request or register to become a Good Neighbour Clean-up Scheme volunteer, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.