Find out more about Council’s user pays recycle service.
Recycling support for business
Are you concerned about the amount of waste your business is sending to landfill? Do you have questions about the Waste Levy and how you can reduce its impact on your business? Would your business benefit from an onsite waste assessment?
Council’s Business Recycling program can assist your business to find responsible waste management solutions while emphasising the recovery, reuse and reduction of valuable resources currently thrown away in landfill.
In 2017-18, businesses across Queensland generated approximately 2.9 million tonnes of commercial and industrial waste with less than 50% of this recovered (Sourced: Dept. of Environment and Heritage Protection, Recycling and Waste in QLD 2018 report).
As a Council we believe that understanding the attitudes and behaviours businesses and staff have towards waste and recycling is vital in determining how to reduce the millions of tonnes of waste going to landfill every year.
Business Recycling program
Save with Brisbane City Council’s free and easy business recycling solutions, which can help you improve the way your business manages waste and resources.
The program provides:
- expert business recycling advice with an onsite waste assessment
- access to online tools and resources
- access to education sessions or toolbox talks for your staff
- assistance in running waste audits with a specific focus on identifying contamination in your bins
- an option to register for Council's user pays business recycling service.
How can Council assist your business?
- Increase recovery of mixed recycling products through the introduction of recycling services that suit your business.
- Set benchmarks to achieve more efficient waste service collections and reduce your waste to landfill.
- Demonstrate to staff and customers a commitment to sustainable practices, helping to foster an environmentally aware and proactive workplace culture.
- Adopt a more sustainable mindset that can achieve environmental, cost, and operational efficiencies.
Where to from here?
To make an appointment with one of Council’s business support program officers or to find out more information about the Business Recycling program fill in the online form to receive a call back.
Find what you need
For other business recycling enquiries, email Council's Business Recycling Officer.