Larger or additional recycling bin
By recycling cardboard, glass, firm plastics and metal, it can be easy to have a full recycling bin each fortnight. Make recycling easier by ordering a larger or second recycling bin from Brisbane City Council for your home.
For a one-off establishment fee of $30 you can order:
- a larger 340 litre recycling bin to replace your standard 240 litre recycling bin
- a larger 340 litre recycling bin and keep your standard 240 litre recycling bin
- an additional standard 240 litre recycling bin.
Larger recycling bins
The larger recycling bins:
- aim to increase recycling and reduce waste sent to landfill
- are ideal for households of more than three people
- are ideal for residents who have an overflowing recycling bin every collection day
- are ergonomically designed for easy use
- are 1100 millimetres high, 680 millimetres wide and 870 millimetres deep
- provide residents with the capacity to recycle an additional 100 litres of material.
Ordering a larger or additional recycling bin
Before you order a larger or additional recycling bin, ensure you have enough space:
- to store the bin
- on the kerbside to put the bin out for collection.
You can use the bin as soon as it is delivered.
Tenants and renters
Tenants and renters need the ratepayer of the property to approve the service and order the bin on their behalf.
You will need your rate account number to order online. Order your larger or additional recycling bin online.
Body corporates must approve and order the larger recycling bin on behalf of unit property owners or tenants. Body corporates can order larger recycling bins or additional recycling bins online.
Unit and apartment blocks can request larger 340 litre or bulk recycling bins. Approval is subject to a Brisbane City Council site inspection based on:
- availability of storage
- kerb presentation space; and
- sufficient accessibility for service vehicles if required.
Body corporates must approve and order the larger recycling bins on behalf of unit property owners or tenants. Body corporates can order larger recycling bins or additional recycling bins online.
Cost and billing
To order a larger 340 litre bin or additional standard recycling bin there is a single establishment fee of $30. The establishment fee is billed on your rate account after Council delivers the bin to your property. There are no additional quarterly charges for ordering a larger or additional standard recycling bin.
Recycling bin delivery
Once you've lodged your request for a larger or additional recycling bin, place your standard recycling bin on the kerbside, even if it is full.
Council will deliver your larger recycling bin as soon as possible.