Brisbane City Council wishes to advise residents of changes to some facilities and services from today, under Stage 4 of the State Government’s COVID-19 restrictions.
Enhanced safety and social distancing measures will remain in place, to ensure the safety of staff and residents.
Activities, recreation and gatherings:
- Active and Healthy program sessions will return to standard operations, with social distancing measures to remain in place in accordance with State Government regulations
- Rear boarding and a No Cash policy on buses, CityCats and ferries will remain in place
- Existing social distancing measures on all buses, CityCats and ferries will remain in place in accordance with TransLink’s COVID-safe public transport plan
South Bank Parklands:
- South Bank Parklands will double capacity for each of its three pools
- Streets Beach will accommodate 500 swimmers
- Aquativity will accommodate 200
- The Boat Pool will accommodate 200
- Crowd numbers will continue to be managed in accordance with approved capacities
- Social distancing of 1.5m will remain in place for the sand component of Streets Beach
- Changerooms and showers will remain closed
Brisbane City Council is working closely with the Federal Government and Queensland Health and is following their expert health advice to help minimise the transmission of coronavirus.
As updates are available, they will be included on Council’s website. For more information visit www.brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on (07) 3403 8888.
For health advice or information visit www.health.gov.au and download the Government’s COVIDSafe app.