Brisbane City Council wishes to advise residents all 33 Council libraries will allow up to 1 person every 4 sqm at any one time, in accordance with State Government regulations.
Enhanced safety and social distancing measures remain in place.
The number of people permitted within individual libraries at any one time will be contingent on several factors, including floor size. Please observe signage at the library entrance for details of a library’s capacity limit.
To observe appropriate social distancing and limits on attendance at any one time, and minimise waiting times, customers are now able to:
- Access and browse the library collections where social distancing can be maintained – customers will be asked to sanitise their hands before handling any collection items on the shelves
- Enjoy easy internet access from our PCs through either an express 15-minute session or limited access 30-minute session
- Enjoy wi-fi access from your own device
- Printing and mobile printing services are available
- Access the lost property service at Brisbane Square Library
- Return borrowed items
- Access limited library seating and quiet rooms, marked with limits for the number of people permitted in these spaces
- Browse and read from the newspaper and MagRack collections in the library
- Pick up holds when ready for collection – no hold fees will apply.
The number of people permitted within individual libraries at any one time is contingent on:
- floor size
- configuration of different spaces
- distances between shelving, joinery, furniture, computers and service areas
- paths of travel within each library
Residents are encouraged to continue using online library services where possible.
Library operating hours differ across branches and customers should check the opening hours of their local library before attending.
Brisbane City Council is working closely with the Australian Government and Queensland Health and is following their expert health advice to help minimise the transmission of coronavirus.
As updates are available, they will be included on Council’s website. For more information visit www.brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on (07) 3403 8888.
For health advice or information visit www.health.gov.au and download the Government’s COVIDSafe app.