Ipswich Road stormwater drainage upgrade - Woolloongabba
Council installed a new stormwater drainage system on Ipswich Road, near Stanley Street, Woolloongabba.
This project was part of Council’s commitment to ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
|Address||Ipswich Road, near Stanley Street, Woolloongabba|
Installation of a stormwater pipe to ensure ongoing management of the stormwater
|Latest update||Project complete|
About the project
A new high capacity stormwater system was installed to assist with increasing stormwater flow in the area and minimise potential flooding.
Works to improve the existing stormwater drainage on Ipswich Road included:
- saw cutting the hard surface of the roads and excavating material
- installing a reinforced 375mm concrete stormwater pipe across Ipswich Road
- Installation of a 1050mm diameter manhole and replacement of one (1) existing manhole with a new 1050mm diameter one.
Construction started on Monday 15 March 2021 and was completed at the end of April 2021.
We would like to thank the local community for their patience and understanding during these important works to improve the drainage capacity of the area.
If you would like to provide feedback, ask questions, or find out more about the Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba drainage installation project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba drainage installation project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.